Question # 1
I have been wanting to do a Keto diet. What advice and information can you give me in starting this journey?
Hello! So happy to have you here and that is a great question! You are in the right place for all of the information you need!
There are a few things that I wish I knew starting out:
- Track your food!
- It’s almost impossible to truly know the calories and macros you re consuming without tracking it. I personally have used MyFitnessPal and CarbManager because you can scan the barcode for quick additions to your Food Diary.
- Go easy on yourself!
- Giving up 90% of the food found in any grocery store can be hard at first and you need to give yourself the mental time to readjust to your new endeavor. It’s OK to have a cheat day/meal as long as you can limit yourself and know that tomorrow is a new day to make yummy keto goodies! I used my bad days to motivate me to find a new keto recipe to satisfy any cravings.
- Exercise is for later!
- If you are someone who doesn’t usually exercise, take one step at a time! Once you start to feel like you are more comfortable with eating Keto, then start incorporate some light cardio and weight training. Once into ketosis and you feel that burst of energy, I would recommend HIIT training.
- The beginning should be simple.
- When you first start eating a ketogenic diet, it can be hard to know what you can and can not eat. Research is key! I see you have that down since you have arrived at my page 😉 When you start to feel more comfortable, then you can try some of those cool keto recipes you see online!
Thank you for your question and I hope this helps!